PICK UP AND DROP OFF PROCEDURES IT’S A MATTER OF SAFETY!
Our first priority is to ensure the safety of our Harris students. When we all understand the need for procedures and are patient with one another, it will help to keep the flow going smoothly and efficiently.
Everyone is expected to observe the following procedures:
1. Bus drop off and pick up is on the north side of Garfield. No parking will be allowed on this side of Garfield from 7:15 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
2. The drop off and pick up lane is on the west side (school side) of Smith Street. Parents using this lane will stop long enough for their child to leave or enter their vehicle. Cars need to continue pulling as far forward as possible to allow for more cars to move in behind.For everyone's safety, please do not pull out of the line; wait until the car in front of you leaves.
3. To access the drop off and pick up lane, cars will need to come from Elizabeth Street and turn south onto Smith Street. Please do not do a U-turn on Smith Street. Double parking is also not allowed. Drivers may not park and leave their cars in this lane from 7:15-9:15 a.m. and from 2:15 - 4:00 p.m.
4. If you would like to walk your child to the playground or walk your child to the car, you will need to park your car. You may park on the south side of Garfield, the east side of Smith, on Elizabeth, in the Methodist Church parking lot, or anywhere else you may park legally. Please always cross at the cross walks.
5. At dismissal time, if you walk to the playground to pick up your child(ren), we ask that you always go to the pick-up line to get him/her. This way, the teachers supervising the pick-up line will know that he or she has been picked up. Students who are being picked up MUST proceed to the pick-up line where there is supervision. If you are late, the supervising teacher will take all remaining students into the office.
Thanks for helping us keep your child safe!